I just "read" an interesting biography. George Müller: Delighted in God by Roger Steer. I use quotes because I sort of skipped 262 pages out of about 330. Hey... it was due at the library and I wasn't so much finished. I had good intentions, though, and that's what it's all about.
As an aside I'd like to give a little lesson on the letter ü, which is different than u in a few languages. (I hope you can notice the two dots above the u.) A long while ago in German class I learned how to properly pronounce this letter, so I'm passing it on to each of you who have not had that privilege. To say it, first change the shape of your mouth to be like you're saying the letter u. Then, instead of actually saying u, say a long e. It sounds sort of like the word pew. Very good. Let's move on.
So, back to George. When I learned that the book was due back at the library the next day, and that I couldn't renew it, I skipped forward to the last couple chapters. I figured that, sure, he did all sorts of great things in his life, but how would the writer sum it all up in the end?
Here's are a couple parts that inspired me:
"This, surely, was the confidence of a man in the habit of seeing his prayers answered."
"As George Müller delighted and trusted in God, his prayers were answered in the most seemingly impossible situations. The extraordinary results of his relationship with God are a witness to the world and a stimulus to our faith today."
I want to be like that, and not just later in life. Why not start now? I want to delight in God and have confidence in him.
July 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great post, Jamie!
ReplyDeleteHow'd you get the u with two dots?
Thanks Becky. I copied/pasted it from a website. I was just glad it worked.
ReplyDelete