April 6, 2010

Kansas Roadtrip

Early Friday morning I got in The Goose and took off on my way to Manhattan, Kansas.  The first stop, of course, was intended to wear out Tilla a bit.  We played fetch at a park, and during that time, I remembered that I failed to get her bed in the car.  The second stop, therefore, was back home.  Then we were really off.  The next stop was after about an hour, on a dirt road somewhere.  Here's what Tilla was up to while I was driving.
A few hours later she was sittin' pretty in the front seat, because she was being so good.
I officially love the rest stops in Kansas.  Every single one we encountered had big areas where Tilla could run and play.  I actually got a few comments on how well she did at them.  One of them even had some cool rocks she climbed up on.

We finally made it to the Woodman house right at 5pm.  Ah, those sweet times together.  I just really love that family.  The days already are jumbled in my memory, but there were tons of fun moments.  Talking and catching up.  Playing a new fun game called San Juan.  Playing Wii (especially the 2 hours of some tank game Jason and I played while Kelly was off leading her small group... we were stinking good!).  Playing with Caleb's bike and other toys in the yard.  Throwing the balls for Tilla and Titus over and over and over.  Going to 3 different parks to play.  Having an Easter egg hunt.  Eating lots of yummy food.  And much more.  It was just a great time. 

I was too busy having fun most of the time to take pictures, but here are a few for you to enjoy.  I seem to have forgotten to take any of people over the age of 3 (that even includes the dogs, who are both 3, and Caleb, who turns 3 in May).   


No comments:

Post a Comment