June 30, 2009

Hope is Alive Today

I have spent the last hour or so doing some food prep and such for my upcoming road trip to CA. My friend Melissa and I are leaving early Thursday morning and we're making stops at the Grand Canyon, San Diego, L.A., and Gallup (NM). I'm pretty excited about the trip, but really that's not why I'm writing tonight. As I was working in the kitchen, I started watching a show online that I had never heard of. I'm pretty out of the loop when it comes to TV shows and movies and such, so this show totally caught me off guard. The name intrigued me, and I gave it a try.

Secret Millionaire has sure made me think. If you haven't heard of it, here's a short synopsis of the show:

Challenged with living on minimum wage, the millionaires will
immerse themselves in situations beyond their comprehension.
They work with community members and befriend those in need.
Then they decide who of their new-found friends, neighbors or
co-workers should ultimately receive their extraordinary gifts,
at least $100,000 of their own money.


This show is very interesting. Crazy rich people go out and give money to those without much. And they don't just walk around a bit and ask who needs it; they pretend like they are also in need, so they can figure out who they'd like to give their money to. There are some parts that I would do differently if it were up to me, but I totally just cried watching one of the episodes. I highly recommend checking it out.

My favorite line of the night was said by a man after witnessing an act of kindness by someone who was a stranger to them just a few days before. "Hope is alive today."

1 comment:

  1. I heard about that show a while back. I'll have to check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete