A few (7) months ago I bought a couple frames that I planned to put pretty pictures into. They were a great price and I just really liked them, so I bought two. Then last week I finally printed pictures for one of them. Then I sat down to get the job done, and started by taking off the plastic wrap. It was then that I found out that I had bought art, not just frames. They were not meant to have the pictures changed out, and the manufacturer made that quite clear. The back was attached with 18 staples (yes I counted). Oh gosh! It was quite a chore to get each of those staples open enough to get the back of the frame off, but it only took me about 1/2 hour and 1 set of pliers and 1 screw driver.
Then I had to cut my pictures and stick them onto the backing. I didn't do a very good job of this part, but hopefully people won't look very closely.
My least favorite part was finishing off the staples. When I had torn off the back earlier, I didn't get the whole staple out each time, so I had to go back and yank those suckers out. Whew! Once that was done I got to reattach the back of the frame with some nails. And here's my finished project... the one that I thought would take about 10 minutes. And what is the moral of this story? If you plan to use a frame as a frame, meaning that you want to put pictures in it, then just buy a frame, rather than a framed piece of art. Maybe I should just leave the pictures of New York in the other one and "throw" it up on the wall.
I recognize the one on the left! My favorite place on The Island!!!
ReplyDeleteHilarious, Jamie. :)