Real conversation between an employee at a take-and-bake pizza place and me. It was at about 6pm last night after I had ordered but had not finished paying.
Pizza guy (seemingly concerned and a little stressed): Sorry, but I had to get that phone call right away. We’re actually supposed to answer every call by the second ring, and that one made it to the third.
Me (concerned by the fact that he was stressed about it): Oh, really. That’s interesting. But how do they know?
Pizza guy (surprised that I would ask such a question, but also making it seem normal): Well, we’re being watched every minute we’re here. There are video cameras everywhere.
Me (in a whisper, attempting to be funny): Can they hear you, too?
Pizza guy (now concerned that he’s also being listened to… in a whisper back): Gosh, I don’t know. That would be odd.
Me (aware that he’s now going to have nightmares): Well, I hope you figure that out one day. Have a nice night.
Sometimes I can be a pretty mean person.
oh my gosh, you're so funny!!
ReplyDeleteYeah that's hilarious, James.
ReplyDelete