October 25, 2009

Tilla's Friends

My neighbors regularly joke about how I have different dogs at my house every few weeks. But one way I can help people is to care for their dogs, even if it's only for one day. Tilla's brother, Toby, and her step-sister, Donkey, are hanging out at my house today.

Before I even let those two in, we all went to a park for a long while... in the snow. We had fun playing fetch over and over and over and, you get the picture. Eventually, we all came back here and they've all been pretty funny. They steal each others' toys and get in each others' ways, etc. And Tilla LOVES it! Earlier when I told her that Toby and Donkey were coming over, she sat at the window until I left to go pick them up. Now they're all here and having loads of fun.

The cutest moment was when Tilla and Donkey were spooning. At one point, Donkey was laying down in the hallway, and Tilla totally walked over and laid down right next to her. I don't know if Tilla didn't realize Donkey was a girl (typical mistake that's understandable since Donkey isn't a very feminine name and all), or if she just really likes her step-sister that much. It was cute to say the least, even though Donkey looked pretty confused and it didn't last long.

Here's a shot of Tilla and her "little" brother Toby. Can't you see the resemblance?
Apparently Tilla hasn't given up. She just can't get enough of Donkey and wants to be right next to her constantly. Here's one of the girls together (Donkey keeps laying next to me, and then Tilla comes up and lays down right in her face.)

A little bit ago, a neighbor came over to let me know of yet another couple car break ins that happened last night (I love hearing about those! Not! I am saddened, though, that I'm no longer shocked.) And sure enough, three dogs had their huge heads right there trying to get out the door, which made her laugh a lot. All different colored labs. We stood outside to talk for a while, and again joked about me having a bunch of dogs here all the time.

2 comments:

  1. Awww! I love those pups!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm kind of grossed out by the thought of Donkey and Tilla spooning, to be honest. And who says that Donkey isn't a feminine name? They make girl donkeys.

    We owe you big time, by the way. No, seriously, we do (and I owe you an email response too).

    ReplyDelete