November 20, 2009

Home Sick

No, I'm not homesick... as if i just really want to go home. I'm at home, and I'm sick. From all my extensive research and previous knowledge, I'm pretty sure it's just a cold. I don't feel terrible, but I don't feel good. It's the sneezing, clogged ears, sore throat, runny nose, headaches behind my forehead, sinus pain sort. And I don't like to admit these things.

I pride myself in being healthy, to a fault. I love being the only one who doesn't get sick. And when I do get sick, I feel like I failed. I take care of myself decently well, so then I also feel like my body should be able to fight off whatever comes in its way. People who don't take care of their bodies think I'm some sort of healthy freak, and people who really do think I'm just as bad as the rest of them; I'm somewhere in the middle. At least I don't have the terrible flu going around. And hopefully I'll get over all this really quickly. I believe that rest has healing powers, and I'd rather not be the cause of others getting sick, so I left work after less than an hour. I didn't intend to stay long, but I had a few things to do and I wanted to bring home my computer. To say the least, now that you all know about my pride in my health... I wasn't very joyful when I was told "well, it's your turn" on my way out. That's as bad as hearing "I told you so."

So, here I sit on my couch. A glass of water and a box of Puffs Plus and some carrots are close by. My funny dog is laying literally on top of the heater vent, since it's in the sun and that's where she wants to be. I shall do some work off and on, read some, blow my nose, take a nap, work a little more maybe, etc. The last few times I've been sick I've been absolutely miserable and hardly able to walk across a room, so I'm incredibly thankful that this is not that.

1 comment:

  1. That sucks. Sorry to hear that. You should blow your nose and eat a carrot. That might help.

    ReplyDelete