My favorite Bible is now only through Matthew 21. I know I shouldn't have treasures like this, but I have come to love that Bible. It barely fits into my small purse and I've figured out how to get it into my coat pocket and even zip it up when it's snowing out, so I can take it on the long trek to church with me a couple times each week.
All is not lost, though... there are a couple benefits I can think of already. First, this new, thinner model may fit even better into my purse and coat. Also, I could finish reading through it earlier than expected. And, I don't have to read out loud as often because I can honestly claim that the passage is not in my Bible. Those are definitely things to be thankful for!
Moving on. There were a couple other items she spent her time chewing today. One of which I really am truly grateful that she didn't spend more time on. My journal. That journal of mine has gotten significantly deeper and more meaningful to me over the past year or so, and I held my breath as I examined the damage done to it. Sure enough, the back cover is in tiny pieces, but the rest of it is completely in tact. That brought me a huge sigh of relief!!! The pen was even found still in the spiral binding.
Next, and possibly the most ironic, if you believe in irony... Blink. No, you don't have to blink; it's a book I just finished reading last night called Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking by Malcolm Gladwell. It was a really thought-provoking book and I have so many blog topics about every chapter. I probably won't now, though, since it's falling apart. I may get around writing about some of it at a later date, or at least discussing it with some of you. Well, the funny part was what page the book was open to when I found it, where Tilla left off. Check it out yourself.
Uh... what is she trying to say? The love lab??? She wasn't being a very loving lab to me today. Of all pages! (Side note if you're interested. That chapter was about an experiment that was done to analyze video footage of couples' relationships and attempt to make predictions as to the state of their marriage 15 years later. Hence, the love lab.)
As [almost] always, I made Tilla pose with her handiwork from today.
Btw... she just came up and stuck her head under my arm. See.
I have my camera sitting right here, and she stayed like that for a while, so I caught the moment. She even stuck out her tongue right on cue. It's like she can sense that I'm writing about her. I still love her and think she's mighty cute.
Oooh it sounds like KENNEL time for that girl. Naughty Tilla.
ReplyDeleteOh man. I think you should hate her. I know you don't. And I know why you don't. But you should.
ReplyDelete