January 11, 2010

Adventures


I feel like I'm going backpacking through Europe. But I'm not. I'm barely backpacking, and I don't have plans to head to Europe any time soon. I do, however, plan to start my trip tomorrow morning en route to Castle Rock, Denver, Washington (the DC variety), Philadelphia, Tom's River (NJ), back to DC and then back to Colorado.

I pretty much need to be able to bring everything for the whole trip with me to most places (including a day exploring Philly and all the public transportation in between cities), so I have to pack light. Literally. Only one pair of shoes is coming along with me. I'm not a shoe freak or anything, but I don't think I've ever done that. I normally like to be prepared for every possible situation I may find myself in. There's a first time for everything, right? One of the advantages of this trip is that I don't have anyone to impress (except for, Melissa, of course, but she's been forewarned... and any of the lucky gentlemen who may find themselves sitting next to me as we fly across the country), and I won't be with the same people the whole time. Therefore, I can bring 3 things and just cycle through them in each city. Okay, I probably won't go too extreme there, but I'm really going for light and easy here. I'll refer to my experience in actually backpacking through Europe to make it work out.

I'm not sure if I'll be spending time updating this while I'm away, but certainly my Facebook status will be actively recording my whereabouts. A couple of the days will be spent exploring by my lonesome, so I gotta share my experiences with y'all. I encourage lots of replies to remind me that I have friends out there. It'll probably be worth going over my limit of texts I have for the month.

1 comment:

  1. HAVE FUN!!!!

    I can't wait to read your updates!

    ReplyDelete