I've hardly written anything in a few weeks. It's not only this rather uninteresting blog... I haven't been writing in my journal either. I was writing in it a lot for months and then I just quit. I got lazy. I found other things to do with my time. And I'm not happy about it. I don't believe that it's something I have to do for anyone else, but it's something I like to have for myself. I like to know what I've been thinking and feeling and such. And it allows me a way to notice growth in my life. So, anyway, this afternoon I sat down for a bit to journal and now I'm sharing some thoughts on here too.
Closure is something very important to me. I find that I can move on once something is done, and I have a hard time starting new things in my life without it. I'd like to take some time to bring a little closure to 2009 by following up on things from this blog that I never wrote out. A little walk down memory lane, if you will, especially if you've been wondering about anything written on here.
This blog began 1 year and 1 day ago with my very first blog ever. I didn't think I'd stick with the name, but I haven't come up with anything better so it's still around. (Any suggestions for new names are welcome.) I also didn't know how long the blogging would last, since it was just another New Year's resolution, but I never went more than a few weeks without something new. I feel like I've changed a whole lot in the last year, however one thing I haven't made much progress on is how I spend my Friday nights. January 2, 2009 was spent sitting around alone, as was January 1, 2010. Darn. Maybe I need a resolution about that.
I wrote about my dog a bunch so I'll include a short update on her. While I'm away these days she spends time in her kennel, and that won't be changing any time soon. She LOVED being in San Diego for Christmas. What dog wouldn't like a nice, big backyard to sniff whenever she wanted, a couple trips to the beach, meeting lots of new people, walks with her aunt Katie, snuggling on the couch with Katie, cuddling in Katie's bed, etc.
I also wrote about running, but there's really not any more of that going on in my life. I continued with some running/walking, but I didn't do the Bolder Boulder, and I actually have still never run further than 3 miles. Then, there was the fateful day in October when I hiked up the Incline for the first and probably the last time ever. Since then I've refrained from most things except for walking or working out on a bike or elliptical. Yesterday I ventured out onto Evergreen lake for a broomball tournament and I'm excited to report that overall my body is still working. I'm sore just about everywhere, but no lasting damage was done (I can't say the same for Nate's head though, which required 13 stitches to sew up.) I'm hoping that I can get my knees and legs strong enough for at least one day of skiing this winter, but I'll have to let you know that later.
I need to get through some of this quicker, so in other news... I started reading through the Bible in September, but I'm only to Numbers. We haven't had any more Cooking Nights, so I think we need a reunion. I'm still enjoying my "new" cube at work, but I have to put the blinds down these days when the sun shines in too brightly to see my computer. I'm still meeting regularly with my mentor and really loving it. (I'm sure she'll challenge me and help me grow more than I can imagine this year!) I learned to trust God through my fear of needles. I'm still limited to watching NBC, but that's really just my own fault for not doing something about it. (The break from most of my TV watching has been really nice, but sometimes it's just a treat to change the channel.) I spent a fun evening out with my neighbors for a birthday celebration, but I haven't had them over for dinner yet. I went camping a bunch of times, and I'm already looking forward to the summer to get out there again with my new stove I got for Christmas. I chose to get an iPod Touch and I'm really liking it, though I may need to enforce some boundaries, since I'm getting addicted fast.
On a more serious note, I've learned a lot about prayer and God and more of who I am and who He's made me to be. I'm incredibly thankful for the community of people I have to learn from and grow with. Really, I think I've grown more this year than in a long time. I've trusted God like never before, and learned to hear His voice more clearly. I also feel like I've been able to become more real with people in my life and open up like I never have. I'm definitely going in t he right direction for where God is leading me.
Well, there's some closure for y'all, and at the same time a whole new year is beginning. Just like closure is important to me, so are reflecting and planning. I'm glad for the opportunity to look back to 2009 as I look ahead to 2010. Thanks for joining me in this journey! I know it'll be a good one.
January 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment