I've been cooking like a maniac recently. (Note: I guess I don't know what a maniac really is like in the kitchen, so let's just say that I've been cooking a lot.) I should have taken pictures of each creation, but I didn't think of that in time. Sorry.
I went shopping last Sunday to buy a load of food. I had prepared a menu and shopping list, and stuck to it for the most part. Then I went at it.
My favorite dish was the Italian Sausage Soup. It was quite yummy, even though I only had it for a couple meals before freezing the rest. A close runner up was the Fruited Curry Chicken Salad, which I literally just finished... yummmmmm. I made some slight modifications to it, but is was really good on a tortilla along with some fresh spinach.
The lowest on the list was the General Tao's Chicken, which wasn't very good. The only impressive part was that I came close to finishing it all by myself. In the middle of the pack was the Black Bean and Couscous Salad. It wasn't bad, but I made so much that it's overwhelming.
Another recipe I tried is Maria's Stuffed Chicken Breasts. I don't know Maria, but I hope I like her recipe. I actually froze each of these individually, so I'm ready to have them at any time. And to go along with these, I've also individually frozen a bunch of twice baked potatoes!
And one more thing (I know... I spent a lot of time in the kitchen in the last 7 days)... I made homemade pesto sauce. I froze that, too, so I don't know for sure yet how tasty it is.
I almost forgot to include that I made some Dill Dip for the extra carrots I had from the soup, and that's always a favorite of mine. I think I'll go have some now...
April 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I can vouch for the pesto sauce! YUMMY!
ReplyDelete(Can you please send me the recipe?)
Pine Nut Pesto:
ReplyDelete* 1/2 cup pine nuts
* 1 1/2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
* 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
* 2 cloves garlic (or 4 or 5...)
* 1 cup olive oil
* 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
In food processor or blender, combine pine nuts, basil, cheese, and garlic. Process until a coarse paste forms. With machine on, add olive oil in a thin, steady stream. Add lemon juice and salt. Use at once or refrigerate up to 3 days; freeze for longer storage. (If making in advance, return to room temperature before using, but do not heat.)
Enjoy!