April 19, 2009

Weekend Adventures

Ok, this weekend wasn't incredibly adventurous, but I haven't had a very exciting one in while, so I'm pretending like this one was.

Yesterday I did a lot at home... including cleaning and cooking (since I'm so domestic). Here's the fruit of my labor on the extra room upstairs in my home:
A few weeks ago that room had a bunch of piles of junk, and it was out of control. Now everything has a place and it's so refreshing. And the part of the room you can't see, including the closet, is almost empty. Aaaaahhhhh...

Last night I went out to dinner with my friends Wendy and Mona. We threw in a game of Phase 10, which was fun even though I lost. Actually, I don't think I've ever won that game. I remember a road trip after high school during which I played a bunch of games, but I always lost. Then there was the trip to Mexico with Becky and Wendy a few years ago when we played at least one game a day, and I'm pretty sure I lost every one of those, too. I've also played a lot of other times, but somehow I seem to be stuck in this losing streak. Good thing I didn't ruin it last night!

Today's service at Vanguard was an encouraging "pep-talk" about living "A Life of Dignity" taken from 1 Timothy 2:1-10. [Note: I love Vanguard!] Then during the youth service we learned about some of the 10 Commandments from a 7th grader. It's not every day that a 12-year-old goes at it with those, but it was a good message.

After that I picked up Tilla and headed up to Denver. Just south of Denver, we stopped for a while to play in the snow at a park-n-ride. [Note: I admit that I used to think that those were parks with rides... and was disappointed to learn the truth about such places. It's really too bad, too, because I think there should be more parks with rides.] Tilla ran and ran for a long time, even after she lost the ball in the deep snow. When we were back in the car, all that fun turned sour when she stepped on the cooler where I had ice cream, veggies and dip for later. Ugh! Look what she did...

I was pretty glad to find everything still cold enough by the time we got to Jen's place later. At Jen's we had a reunion with the 6 of us roommates from college 10 years ago. We all lived in a "cluster" in the CU dorms for a year, where we had 3 rooms hooked together with our own bathroom. Rather than just having 2 people in each room, we shoved all the stuff into two rooms and then had an extra room to hang out in. It was well done and very fun, and today we spent time reminiscing about it. We all still live in Colorado, and we all still love God, which is so great!
Here's a picture of us in 1999 -
And here's us today -
On the way home we stopped at Baja Fresh, of course! (One day we'll get them to come here to the Springs, but until then I only get to go there whenever I'm up in Denver.) I wasn't very hungry, but I managed to get some yumminess in my belly without being too stuffed.

We stopped again at the P-n-R to play on the way home, even without a tennis ball. Tilla ran like crazy and then just kept rolling in the snow. It was pretty funny to watch. Then she was being all cute while I was driving by putting her head on my shoulder, which she learned from her sister Havana.
Every once in a while when she got sick of that, she would just sit in the back seat and look out the window at the pretty views and the sunset.
Well, that's all I have for you today. I hope to have much more exciting adventures as the spring and summer roll on. Prepare yourself now. And if you want to be involved in any of them, let me know.

1 comment:

  1. Good post! Havana used to do that until I purchased her kennel. Now she doesn't.

    Those roommate pictures are funny!

    Your extra room is so pretty! Can you please come organize mine now?

    ReplyDelete