December 1, 2009

Gifts I Could Never Give, Part 2

Here are more things I'd like to give, but can't.
  • To a family member I would give a huge yard and a beautiful, fully-loaded kitchen. That way she can grow everything she's ever wanted, and create wonderful meals for everyone she knows to enjoy.
  • To another friend I would give a thriving craft-design business so she can enjoy all the fun of creating new things, without the need to make 500 of each thing to sell.
  • To my friends serving God full time around the world I would give more comforts from "home" and many deep relationship. That would help them stay filled up emotionally in order to give to others what they need.
  • To middle school students, especially those I know, I would give acceptance and love and understanding and passion, so they can live with more confidence and grow into Godly men and women and make it to the next phase of life... it gets much better! (And I'd give 'em some mean bowling skills to attempt to compete with me tonight at Mr. Biggs.)
  • To Vanguard Church I would give a big cash gift. I trust it would be spent well to love people into real relationships with Christ.
  • To Compassion International I would give another big cash gift, so more children can be released from poverty in Jesus' name.
  • To another neighbor I would give a coat. I know he doesn't want it since he's not convinced that it's cold at all, but he doesn't need to prove anything to me by standing outside at night (in the winter) in a t-shirt to smoke. I will continue to laugh at him.
Again... it's the thought that counts.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks!! I'll take it (although my kitchen and backyard right now are pretty wonderful). p.s. i assume you were talking about me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course that's you. And I'm glad you'll take it even though you have some good stuff right now. If we were closer I'd get to take advantage of all that.

    ReplyDelete