It didn't happen all at once. He got sick a couple months ago, but he was looking better within a few days. After about 4 days he was able to play again, but he's just never been the same. Sometimes he doesn't respond well to physical touch. Sometimes he wouldn't respond to anything for hours at a time. Then a couple days ago, he died in his sleep. And now... there's no sign of life.
It all started 2 months ago today, when I put him (my iPod) in the center console in my car. Also in there was some hand sanitizer. On that sad day, the sanitizer spilled all over him. Now he won't turn on or even charge. :(
I feel like this is just really bad timing for this to happen to him. I mean, I'm going on a long trip in about a week and a half. I'll definitely want to listen to music while I'm getting there and probably while I'm there. I also long to listen to Christmas music in my home and car, but these days I just listen on my computers (at home and at work) and on the radio. It's not like it's going to kill me or anything to go without (hopefully I'm not that spoiled), but now I really want to replace him quickly.
Warning: Please continue to read only if you want to get an inside look at how Jamie's brain processes decisions (outside of making other people decide things for me).
As I did some research today trying to figure out the next step of how to use my Christmas bonus, I found what I think is a good deal for 8GB iPod nanos. The problem is that for not much more I can double it's size for $30 more. The bigger problem is that for not a whole lot more I can get a ton of other features and such on an iPod Touch. Now do I need it? No. But all of a sudden I want it. Before today I just keep talking myself out of all the internet stuff because I would get addicted really easily and I don't need all that in my life. But, golly, it sure would be helpful at times, and quite fun.
In doing more research I stopped by a Verizon store on my way home from work. The guy tried (hard) to talk me into just getting the internet plan added to my phone plan. But really, if I decline the $25 more each month to do that, I could pay for the Touch in less than 8 months (even less if my friend who works for Apple gives me the discount she offered). And after those 8 months I'll still have a nice iPod rather than just throwing all that money away so quickly for the internet on my phone.
I hope I make a decision soon so I can get it before my trip. Another option I've been considering is to beg someone to borrow theirs for the trip, and then buy one hopefully on sale after I get back, since then it'll be after Christmas and such. Too many options...
December 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I've recently reconnected in a very meaningful way with my iPod Touch, and I LOVE it. Highly recommended. What'd you decide?
ReplyDelete