February 25, 2010

Giving

What do I do if I want to give money to too many great causes? 

Flip a coin?

2 comments:

  1. In the Bible, they would often determine the will of God by "casting lots". I'm not sure exactly what that entails, but maybe give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so this is an old post, but I have a comment... I really appreciate your heart in this statement. It shows your compassion (wink, wink). But God doesn't need your/our money to accomplish anything. He'll make it rain food over hungry people if He wants to. Giving God's money back to Him through tithes and offerings is more a work in your heart and a statement of stewardship than a financial appeal to any particular cause. We want to be wise and not just throw money into the air and let it fall where it will, but the simple fact is that we are to give however we feel God leading us to give and what He does with it after that is up to Him. There is too much need and too many noble causes for us to shoulder that responsibility.

    ReplyDelete