September 27, 2009

Reading through it...

In addition to the many other books I'm reading these days, yesterday I began reading through the Bible. I hesitate to share that, due to the accountability that comes along with it, but hey... I'm going to attempt it. Maybe I should just have smaller, attainable goals of reading each book, going one at a time, and one day I'll make it through. I want to balance the desire to do it along with not wanting to create a chore that I need to do every day. That's a balance I don't think I've gotten very good at as of yet in my life.

Well, I got off to a running start, but apparently it was more of a 10 yard dash than a marathon. I got through Genesis 1 yesterday, and Genesis 2 today. Whew! I plan to read more of it today, maybe outside in the amazingly nice weather we've had this weekend. Here I go...

1 comment:

  1. I think that's a great idea.

    I picked up a book to read recently, and on the page before the dedication, right in the front, it read:

    ADMONITION: If you haven't had time to read the Bible today, you don't have time to read this book.

    I thought that was a really good reality check .... especially for me since I have a stack of books that I want to read and often times I put them in front of the Bible.

    ReplyDelete