May 20, 2010
Amazing Race... Hive Style
Last night Vanguard’s Middle School group, now officially called the Hive, had some crazy fun. Especially the girls. I’ve been working on a sort of mini Amazing Race for a while, and we finally put it all into action. I’m normally rather critical of things I do, but I gotta say that it all went great… even better than I expected! Only 10 girls came, but I think every one of them had fun. We had them carrying each other, balancing rocks, eating pudding, getting coins to stand up on their end, finding the word “love” in the Bible, making and flying paper airplanes, doing some math and more. (Yes, I should really have included one more set of parentheses if I had expected them to get the math problem correct, but hey, nobody is perfect.) I should have documented the event with more pictures, but of course I forgot.
After the festivities, we gathered to discuss teamwork a bit and how things went in general. It just was so great how much they wanted to share and such. Seriously, I haven’t seen the whole group get along as well as they did last night, even in the midst of a very intense competition.
Since all the teams were pretty much all at the same point by the last event, I don’t even know who won. And I’m not even sure many of them cared. They just had fun. And so did the leaders. I’m going to mark that up as a success, and hope for many more exciting times this summer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I thought that was you I saw in the parking lot! Sounds fun...great job.
ReplyDelete