Yesterday I brought Abby Stehman home with me for the weekend. Her "parents" are on vacation in Florida, and Abby is probably already aware that her time away won't exactly be a vacation. After we got home, the girls proceeded to chase each other up and down the stairs and all over this place for about 20 minutes. Then for some odd reason I thought a walk would help, but it didn't do much. Even once we were home, the excitement took quite a while to die down.
For dinner last night (and intending to have extra for lunch today), I grilled a piece of chicken. It looked beautiful and delicious, but I ran upstairs to grab some things as it cooled off a bit. As I'm sure you've all seen on Face Book already, that piece of chicken was missing when I returned. It was as if there was a chicken rapture, since the cutting board and tongs were left exactly as I had left them. It's just that the most important part was missing. I stopped by Wendy's later in the evening to prove that there are still chickens left on Earth. Otherwise the Chick-fil-A cows would go into hiding, since they're next.
Maybe it was the fact that Tilla is just excited to play her friend Abby, or maybe the huge meal from last night made her need to go potty sooner, but the girls were seriously up at 5am ready to roll. Really?! (I'm sure my new roommate is loving me today, especially since I just heard her get up after 2 hours of listening to dogs run all over, bark at neighbor dogs, etc... good thing now that she's up they're taking naps.) After ignoring them (and hiding under the covers) for almost 10 minutes, I gave in and took them out and gave them breakfast. None of us went back to sleep after that, so after another while I gave in and took them to the park.
Needless to say, it's been a long morning already. I'm about to do some work from home so that I can be the last to leave today. I don't want to make my roommate take care of these two before she heads out, and I don't really trust them to be home alone all day. I'll probably leave early again today and work some from here once I know this place is still standing.
(Note: I realize that I normally refer to Havana and Tilla as "the girls," since they're twins and all... and great friends... but for the purposes of this blog post the girls are Abby and Tilla. Some of you, who will remain anonymous at this time, have another definition for the term girls, but that's just not a story for this blog at this time.)
May 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
LOL
ReplyDeleteHavana misses her sister. They need a play date soon.
ReplyDelete