I know I said recently that I wouldn't write for a while, but I'm feeling it tonight, so here you go. Some times I get rather wordy, and I don't really have time to cut it down much, so brace yourself... it's been an eventful day.
After work today Tilla and I went to the park. I didn't put the good collar on her, so it was much more of Tilla taking me to the park than me taking her. Anyway, we had fun. I stood there feeling overwhelmed still about where I am in my life these days. I've really over committed myself, which is not a great thing to do to an introvert. It was a hard morning with work stuff (just having to use my brain a whole lot and feeling unqualified for the job I'm doing), and then a pretty awkward afternoon with other stuff. Overall I was feeling emotional and pretty close to tears. (I haven't shed any in a while, so they're due at any moment... prepare yourself if you're around me much.)
At the park I was trying to just hand things over to God. I literally was able to raise up my arms and I was probably talking out loud. It was a good time we had together. There really isn't much pressure on me at work that isn't coming from myself. I have been taking it more seriously than I ought. And I need to somehow learn to say no to somethings in my life, so I can say yes to other things. People won't hate me. I'll be fine. It was a good time of letting go a bit.
After we got home, I left to have dinner with a couple great people. It was so nice to hang out and also get some good planning done for the Hive Girls' Camping Trip coming up in June. I'm so very excited!!!
Even though I should have gone straight to bed I just couldn't stand not enjoying a nighttime walk with Tilla. I love taking walks at night, and tonight was beautiful. I was able to think more about how I'm spending my time and what I'm going to do to get things back in order. I thought about how I have most of Saturday free of commitments, and I need to take advantage of that. There's even an expected high of 85!!! Seriously! Amazing!
So, here's the plan... a progressive time with God and planning session for my summer. For those of you who aren't structured people, this may sound like just a sick way to spend a Saturday. For me, I'm already excited. And I'm still up writing this because I just want to share it with all of you.
I'm going to stick my bike on the back of my car and pack a bag and head out for the day. Maybe I'll have breakfast somewhere downtown, and then either walk around down there or around Old Colorado City... or bike around... or really do whatever I feel like. I normally get bored staying in one place for very long, so I can just move around when needed. I'll journal and dream and listen to whatever God tells me and more. I think it'll be very refreshing to feel a little more in control of my life even if it's really just spending time giving God back the control. I know I don't need to have everything figured out or structured, but I expect that getting things down on paper will at least ease some of the craziness in my head. Bring on the goodness.
May 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds like a great plan! Hope you have a great time with just you and God tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteYour Saturday sounds perfect. I hope it was!
ReplyDelete