I've been part of International Cooking Nights for over a year now, and I enjoy them quite a lot. Some friends and I pick a country and then we learn how to cook things from there. We've done some pretty normal ones (Mexico, Spain, France) and some that I really had to work at figuring out what they eat (Morocco, Argentina). At first I didn't really like the idea, since I didn't know if I'd really like weird foods and such, but I admit that I've grown to like these nights a whole lot. My friends Becky and Wendy started this a while ago, but it has grown a lot (and Wendy moved away... sad!). Tonight we had 7 people involved in cooking Greek food. We eat a lot of yumminess and laugh a whole lot.
Right now I'm sitting here writing because I don't want to clean up. There are stacks of dishes on the counter that I avoiding, and food that really should be put away soon. But don't worry... all 10 servings that I have leftover of the Spanakorizo I made are safely in the fridge.
And that reminds me... I'm also sitting here trying to think of something I have contributed to these evenings that was really good. I mean, I've always had a part in the meal, and I try to make something yummy, but I've never been very impressed. These other people actually make delectable things that I want to keep eating more of. Mine are pretty average. I'm not even saying this to seem humble, and I'm really not asking any of them to comment or let me know that I can, in fact, cook just fine. I understand that I can follow a recipe and serve a decent dish (usually)... I just haven't yet made something that we want seconds of or that I think I would make again. I guess I should be really thankful that I get to still be involved. I'm also thankful that we often have two desserts, since they're amazing!
And now... I'll go finish the dishes and get to bed.
January 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment