January 22, 2009

Hearing God's Voice... a lesson from my dog

Yesterday I learned about hearing God's voice from my dog. No, she didn't tell me about it, but she gave me a little glimpse of what it can be like. I got home from work and before getting inside (long story) I was out on my back porch talking on the phone. Tilla never barks from her kennel, but yesterday she was in the kennel in my room and she started crying and barking like crazy. She could hear my voice from outside, and she wanted to be with me. Once I got off the phone, she stopped crying. So, she was probably quiet all day long, and then she heard me close by and started crying for me.

I want to be that way with God. I want to be able to hear things all day long, and then know for certain when it's God talking to me. I'm learning more and more how to hear His voice, but I want to get even better at it. I want to know God's voice just like Tilla knows mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment