I hate cactus... and I think it should be removed from Palmer Park. Tilla has now gotten it stuck in her poor little feet 3 times now, and each time it really sucks. I have to sit there with her and pluck each one out (well, I learned how to do that from the ER Vet the first time it happened, and now I'm getting better at it).
My life would just be so much easier if I could just go to this park all the time and not worry about Tilla get cactus in her feet. I guess it's okay in most of the park, since dogs should be on a leash anyway. My dog and I should stay on the path and she'd be fine. BUT... I do think that the dog park area should be free from this succulent plant. All 3 times that this has happened to Tilla, it was in the area where dogs can be off leash. Now, if my dog had some extra sense in her, she would have learned already to stay on the path... but that has definitely not happened. If her ball goes off the path, she follows. And if another dog has left the gravel, she does too.
For now I guess we'll try to stay away from Palmer Park. I come to that same conclusion each time this happens, and then after a while I give in again. I'm not sure what it'll take for me to never go back, though, since it's so beautiful and fun.
On a good note... I'm really thankful that Tilla still loves me each time I have to pluck cactus out of her feet. Tonight after I was done she came downstairs with me and laid down on my feet. She's the greatest!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment