I ran 3 miles today for the first time ever! Recently I’ve been getting close, but today it finally happened. I’m thankful for my friend Karyn who just said we’re doing it. It wasn’t really an option for me to have to decide about either, which is good because I most definitely would have opted out.
I’ve been running more recently, because I want to run the whole Bolder Boulder this year. I think it’s possible, so I’m going to give it a go. The biggest hindrance in this whole running thing, though, has been my weak knees. They’re not often very happy with me when I run or hike or do just about anything too much. I’m trying to stretch more and as I write this I’m icing one at a time. Hopefully they’ll forgive me soon for expecting them to support me as I run.
Before I go, I also need to add that I think there's more oxygen inside than there is outside. Last weekend I tried running outside for the first time in a long while... and I'm going to need another long while before I try it again. I ran about 5 steps and couldn't breathe. AND (side note... I wasn't going to share this, but I think my sensor is broken right now)... my ipod kept slipping down my pants! I didn't have a shelf to put it on (like at the gym), so I just kept sticking it in the waist band of my pants. Then as I ran/walked, it would make it's way down to my knees. It wasn't bad except when I went through the process of getting them freed from my pants each time. There's not really a sophisticated way of doing such a thing.
Okay... back to the oxygen thing... It's not even fair. Maybe there's oxygen blown in through the vents in gyms so that we can breathe easier. That's their trick to make us work out inside! Maybe they only do it in states like Colorado where there's very little oxygen anyway. Or maybe I should just take some oxygen with me as I run outside. I guess I better not try to stick it in the waist band of my pants, though, since the removal process would even more awkward than with the ipod.
No comments:
Post a Comment