I think I should write a few words about my great dog before too long. Her official name is Tortilla Hund, but I really just call her Tilla (pronounced like Tia). It's not Tila or Tila the Hund or Dog (as I like to call her), but you can call her whatever you want. She's a black lab, she's almost 2 and she's the cutest dog ever! She makes me laugh all the time, and I often find it hard not to laugh when she does crazy things, although there have been some teary moments when she's too crazy. These days she's been really good, but she's definitely way too many occasions that make Marley (from Marley and Me) look like a very well-behaved and balanced dog.
If I had a blog over the last couple years you would have learned way more than you'd ever want to know about this dog of mine. You would learn how she woke me up throughout the night for a few months after she came home with me... and how she still hardly ever lets me sleep in past 6:30 (shouldn't she know it's a Saturday morning?)... and how she chewed the carpet off one of my stairs... and how she ate whole bags of snacks before a road trip I was taking... and how she's run around the neighborhood trying to find friends (with me chasing her, but pretending not to so she doesn't think it's a game)... and how she has obviously not learned her lesson about the consequences of stepping on a cactus... and how she jumps up to the front seat to wait for me when I leave her in the car for a few minutes... and how she loves going places so much that she cries and barks with excitement when we get close to somewhere fun (or even if she just thinks we're close to somewhere fun).
You'd also have learned how she likes to sit on my lap when I sit on the floor... and how she follows me around my home to make sure she's involved in everything going on... and how she likes to sit in the sun even if it means squeezing between the curtains and the glass door behind a chair... and how she somehow knows to give me extra love when I'm having a rough day... and how she LOVES playing with her sister Havana and her friend Abby... and how she can throw a ball at you to play fetch... and how sometimes she brings a ball upstairs, throws it down, and then chases it, over and over.
Anyway, you'll get to read much more about my adventures with this dog of mine, so prepare yourself... and enjoy.
Happy 2nd Birthday, sweet Tilla!
ReplyDeleteLove, Aunt Becky.