Today started out pretty rough. I don't remember hearing either alarm that went off this morning. I'm not sure if it just didn't work, or my ears just didn't do their job. But when I looked at that clock to know how stinking early it was (thinking that it was before my alarm was due to go off), I was shocked to find out it was nearly an hour and a half after I should have gotten myself out of bed. Oops.
So, I finally got to work only 1/2 hour later than planned, walked up a couple flights of stairs, and made my way to my cubicle. Once there I realized, much to my dismay, that my laptop was nowhere in sight. I had left it at home. I brought it home last night intending to finish a project that I wanted to get done before today, but I ended up not even taking it out of the case. So there I was at work, without a way to get any work done. I spent the next hour driving home and back, which caused me to be late to my 9am meeting and I didn't even have time to do the much needed preparation for it. I was flustered leading a training for a group of people, and incredibly disorganized. Ugh!
That story alone wouldn't lead me to believe that my memory is broken. But couple that with the fact that I've also left my home twice this week without keys, and I'm a mess. I'm not sure why I can't remember anything, but I better get myself out of this rut and start using my brain more.
January 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment