On Friday night I had the inkling to finally give Tilla a new dog bed. The one she's been sleeping on has been pretty gross and dirty for a long while, and it has a few holes (including one large one). So, anytime I move it, stuffing just falls out, and it sucks.
I decided that I could just make one and then put all the stuffing from the first into the new one. I found some old material I bought a few years ago to make a skirt, and it was the perfect size. I did some quick sewing and voila... a dog bed. I put all the stuffing in and sewed it shut.

Then since that was too easy, I made another. This way she can have one upstairs and downstairs. (Maybe I need a bed upstairs and downstairs, too... I'll think about that one.) Anyway, I found more material, but this time I put a little more effort into it. I used some stuff I had from a quilt I never finished and put in a zipper. It's not incredibly high quality, but it definitely does the trick.

I think deep down inside Tilla loves these new beds and is very content. She just doesn't show her emotions very well and is not at all photogenic.
And just because... here's a picture of what Tilla is up to right now.

Funny story: I've been tying her
broken leash to her collar in a double knot. Earlier today I put her out there and didn't tie it very tight. After I while I looked outside, and she wasn't there. Oops. I got her normal leash and some cheese (yummy treat) and walked outside to find my dog. She hadn't gone far. She had stollen a rawhide from a neighbor and was playing with it on the grass. This time when I put her out I tied the knot way tighter. Hopefully that'll do the trick. Maybe she should just stay inside and sleep on her dog beds.
Do you hire yourself out? I need a new dog bed and Costco didn't have any ...
ReplyDeleteSure. I'm up for that. I'll look at what I've got and let you know... or I might even branch out and buy some material.
ReplyDeleteSweet!
ReplyDelete