Today I was away from my desk for over 6 1/2 hours (not including lunch, since I ate it at my desk... even though my friends left me a note describing how to join them for lunch... but I didn't see the note... and that's a story for another time that I probably will never tell on here... because it's boring and completely irrelevant... I'll go on). So, part of that time away from my desk was spent in a 4 hour workshop with a host of important people. On Monday I was in a similar workshop with some of the same people, but the one today was WAY better. Today there were toys to play with all over the table. Today there was an abundance of candy. Today there were nuts. Fun, and Yum! For a while I played with a slinky. Then I moved on to a Rubix cube (which I finished twice since someone didn't believe that I had done it the first time). I also spent some time playing with a slinky, but that toy was a little awkward because it was sort of loud. I even worked on drawing a diagonal line with an Etch A Sketch. My favorite part was during the last hour or so when I created things with some Silly Putty. It was quite fun to say the least, and I therefore don't think I was worth anything in the meeting. Whew!
Anyway, I munched on M&Ms and nuts for a while, since those are just so good together. I tried to avoid the one brazil nut I got, but I finally gave in after a while and got it down. Who likes those anyway? They're gross. I mean... I love peanuts and almonds and walnuts and pecans and cashews, etc... but the brazil nuts are just not necessary. I was thinking about this during the meeting and how I'd like them to be removed from mixed nuts altogether. It's not even fair that they take up so much space in the jar. Ugh!
So, after the meeting I was cleaning up my area and putting away the toys (even though I wanted to slip some into my bag for other meetings during the rest of the week)... and I saw one on the floor. At first I thought it was a cockroach or some other bug, but nope... it was a brazil nut. Now how did that happen? Someone must have been having a similar thought process to mine, but just couldn't get it down. They dropped it on the floor hoping no one would see it. They're huge... it's not like they didn't notice it fall to the ground. Out of all these important people, there was one who decided that it would be better to put it on the floor than to eat it, or even just to leave it on their napkin and throw it away later. Did they think they were at home and their dog would eat it? Do I work in a pig sty? Who do these people think they are?
LOL...YOU'RE a nut! I'm not particularly fond of brazil nuts either, but not enough to declare jihad and rant about them.
ReplyDeleteAnd the whole toys on the table for you to play with thing makes me wonder if there might be hidden cameras, and it's all a set-up to do secret behavior studies by psychologists. They're watching you!!
I like Brazil nuts.
ReplyDelete