May 20, 2009

I've been sick

I've had some sort of stomach illness 3 times in the last 6 months. Before that, I can't think of a time that I've had such a thing for years. And it really sucks. This time was the worst. I'll spare you the details, but it has been quite miserable. I was up all of Monday night except for a few 20 minute naps. If I changed positions from laying on my back, I started to feel my stomach go crazy and I quickly made my way to the bathroom.

On Tuesday I stayed home from work and continued to lay on my back for as long as I could. I didn't sleep at all until about 2. At that point I slept for 1/2 hour, woke up briefly, another 1/2 hour, woke up, and a third half hour. It was great, but I was still exhausted, in pain, and not doing well at all.

At about 4:30, some friends came over to give me some much-needed help. They brought some "safe" food (Saltine crackers, Gatorade, Chicken Broth, and soup), and one of them even took my dog for about 4 hours to get her good and tired. It was so great! (Thanks to the others of you who offered, too!)

Last night I went to bed right when Tilla came home, and slept straight through until 6. I took Tilla out for a potty break, fed her, and got back in bed. I proceeded to sleep until about 9. Whew!!! About 12 hours of sleep has helped a whole lot. And, as the day has gone on, I've continued to feel better.

My diet has consisted of crackers, a yogurt, Gatorade mixed with water, and some chicken broth. (Note: If any of you are jealous and want to come over for dinner, you're welcome.) I've also cleaned out my fridge of any questionable food, even though I probably took this too far. I just don't feel like taking any chances in the coming days.

Well, I'll probably be going back to work tomorrow. I'll still be eating very limited foods, and I hope I have enough energy to be there all day. I'll find out tomorrow.

Random off-topic thing to share... my little Tilla has had some odd things going on with her eyes in the last two days. Yesterday the left one was all swollen and only opened about 1/2 way for a few hours. Then this morning the right one did the same thing. And now they're still a little bigger than normal, but doing better. What's up with that? Is she allergic to sick people? Does she have allergies due to the weather or pollen or whatever? Is someone punching her? I hope they don't continue like this for very much longer.

1 comment:

  1. About someone punching the dog ... I was gonna talk to you about letting Celina take Tilla ...

    ReplyDelete