May 14, 2009

Coupons

I'm sort of addicted to using coupons. I'd like to think that I'm just being wise with my money and would like to spend it in different ways other than on food, but some people like to think that I often go overboard on it. Really though, why would I spend full price on something when I don't have to? Or why not go to a restaurant at which I have a free meal? It just makes sense to me.

Birthday season in my life brings an abundance of coupons my way, and I love it. On May 1st I started receiving coupons for meals or desserts or discounts on stuff, and the bulk of them have to be used in 2 weeks. Most years I don't come close to using them all, but this year I've been very intentional and plan to use all but one of them before Friday when they expire (unless any of you would like to go to Carino's tomorrow).

I'd like to take this opportunity to brag about all the ones I've received in the last two weeks. Maybe it will inspire you to put yourselves on mailing lists so that you have eat well during your birthday season as well...
  • Qdoba - Free burrito
  • Rock Bottom - $10 off
  • Red Robin (Yum!) - Free burger
  • Schlotzsky's - Free original sandwich
  • Maggie Moo's - Free ice cream cone
  • Carino's - Free dessert (this one is not incredibly impressive since a lot of restaurants give free desserts for birthdays)
  • Culver's - Free ice cream sunday
Nice huh? And that's all in addition to a free dessert at both Chili's and Sullivan's (in Denver) and a free drink at Nosh, each of which did not require coupons. Birthday season is yummy.

I need to add one more thing... I believe that when you use coupons, you get more. They can tell, and they reward you for using the first one. It's sort of like how my grandma once received a thank you card from me for a gift she'd sent... and she seriously was so impressed by it that she sent another gift. For real!? Well, I just was looking at my extra email account (the one I put on all these restaurant mailing lists), and I got another coupon for Red Robin the day after I used the birthday one this week. I think they like me and know that I'll eat there if they send me coupons. And I'm okay with that!

Note: To any of you that I eat out with ever. Please forgive me for wanting to use my coupons. It's not that I'm too cheap to spend the money. I just think it's silly not to use them. Why not accept free food or at least cheaper food? And really, I just love spending time with people, so doing that more frugally means that I can do it more often. So bring on the coupons.

No comments:

Post a Comment